söndag 31 juli 2011

This yahtzee totally makes up for me being unemployed and broke

I have always been known for taking great pride in accomplishing rather small and redundant tasks; it will always be easier to be able to sing all of the Disney theme songs in a highpitched tune whilst dancing undignifyingly and scaring the children to tears than to pay your bills in time, be in charge of your life and other trivial and meaningless things. I live for my art. However, last night I think I overstepped a certain line. Or rather made cartwheels over it while singing the theme to The Little Mermaid, but you get the point. I was playing Yahtzee with my family and my new boyfriend (oh yes, I do know how to party down on a saturday night!), and tried my best to make a good impression and keep my family from actually being themselves. That's how genocide starts, you know. The thing is, I made a beautiful thing last night. I scored Yahtzee TWICE! And as a humble and responsible adult, I of course broke out into something straight out of Scarface or the Godfather. 
Me: "YAHTZEE! AGAIN!"
Mother: "Look at her go. She is so proud. Let her have this moment." 
Me: "I AM THE MUTHERFAKKIN CHAMPION!!"
Brother: "Someone tampered with the dice."
Father: "I don't like spending time with any of you."
Me: (doing an Italian-American voice): "FIRST YOU GET THE MONEY, THEN YOU GET THE POWER, THEN YOU GET THE WOMEN!"
Boyfriend: "I think that you are taking this a bit too seriously."
Me: "Here you go, buy yourself something pretty", and stuffs a bill down the cleavage of his shirt. You know, to make him feel special and loved.
Boyfriend: "Ehrm.. Thank you?"
Me: "I buy you diamonds. I take care of you. But if I ever catch you disrespecting me, I will..."
Mother: "Rebecka, what have I told you about threatening your boyfriends? Not before dessert, that's what."


It is important to acknowledge when you succeed in life; there is no point in covering up your awesomeness by trying to be humble. I don't need to be humble. I scored motherfucking yahtzee TWICE! 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar